Welcome back to the BookBoost,
paranormal author, Rachel Firasek!
She's here to tell us about the Top 10 Things She'll Do Different This New Year and here's what she had to say...
Hello everyone, and thanks for having me on the Book Boost today! Kerri is such a sweetie. Here’s my to do better or worse this year!
1. I will not abandon my family this year! Yes, most writers will agree, it’s a fine line between neglect to your family and dedication to your craft.
2. I will clean at least one room in my house at least once a week. (promise I’m not a slob, but I’ve been on deadlines since March.)
3. I will have a schedule so I don’t miss blog posts, deadlines, contest entry dates, etc…. (*ducks and winks and Kerri*)
4. I will learn how to say “No” if I can’t follow through. (*I have a really bad habit of over extending myself*)
5. I will have a writing schedule, with goals—my first year of writing I had 90 day goals, 30 day goals, and a daily writing goal. It was great. This year, I’ve been working against time instead of for it.
6. I will take at least three craft classes. (*Not 10*) I started the year out with 8 workshops. That was almost enough to pay for Nationals—which I didn’t get to. Lol. Several of the classes I took just because I know and like the instructors. Not the best way to spend my $$.
7. I will build stronger relationships with my readers. So, yeah expect to see me on some actual forums. Gah! I’m terrified.
8. I will develop a Twitter schedule and stick to it. I’m horrible about the lovely distraction of the awesomeness of Twitter.
9. I will write 2 full length novels, 3 novellas, and 4 shorts this year. I know, it’s a hefty schedule.
10. I will be a better friend, neighbor, sister, mother, and wife. I know that it will all come together with balance, focus and perseverance.
So, that’s my to-do and improve list. How does yours compare?
A Note from the Book Boost: Sounds a lot like my "to do" list. Big, ambitious goals set for myself for January alone. Here's to a productive and successful year for both of us, my friend! Thanks for stopping by and please tell us about your latest book.
For three hundred years, Arabella’s life has been one meaningless death after another. In a cruel twist of fate, Osiris–god of the Underworld–gifts the phoenix her mortality and returns her voodoo magic. If she fails to harness her wayward magic and save a man worthy of a second chance, she’ll forfeit her power and her soul–forever.
Ex-soldier Greyson Meadows desperately wants to be freed from the nightmares and guilt that haunt him after the tragedy that brought him and Ari together. Confronted by the waif of a woman who forces him to face his worst fears, he resists, fighting the need to keep his personal demons hidden instead of setting them free.
When Ari becomes the target of her own magical blunder, it’s not just her life in danger, but now the one of the man she loves.
Want More Rachel?
Rachel Firasek grew up in the south and despite the gentle pace, she harassed life at full steam. Her curiosity about mythology, human nature, and the chemical imbalance we call love led her to writing. Her stories began with macabre war poems and shifted to enchanted fairytales, before she settled on a blending of the two.
Today you’ll find her tucked on a small parcel of land, surrounded by bleating sheep and barking dogs, with her husband and children. She entertains them all with her wacky sense of humor or animated reenactments of bad 80’s dance moves.
She’s intrigued by anything unexplained and seeks the answers to this crazy thing we call life. You can find her where the heart twists the soul and lights the shadows.