Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Make a Fortune with Guest Blogger: Katee Robert


Win a copy of Queen of Swords
and meet Entangled author
Katee Robert today at the Book Boost!


She's here to discuss her fascination with fortune telling and here's what she had to say...


I’ve held a fascination with the various methods of fortune telling for years. As a kid, I loved Miss Cleo (whatever happened to her, anyways?), though I never got up the nerve to call. The thing about fortune telling that’s so attractive—whether it’s palm reading, tarot cards, tea leaves, or something else altogether—is the possibilities it holds.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a true believer, a skeptic, or somewhere in the middle, most people I’ve met would give up a whole hell of a lot to get a glimpse of the future.

Two years ago, I took the plunge on a whim and had my palm read. I went in skeptically, ready to shake my head and smile when the woman told me I’d marry the love of my life, get rich, and live happily ever after.

Instead she kind of blew my mind. Granted, there was some confusion about how many children I have (I have two; she was convinced I had a third…It’s incredibly eerie to be arguing about that with a complete stranger), but a few of the short-term things she predicted have come true.

I may not be a devout believer even now, but the experience is what ended up pushing me into turning my lady protagonist, Ophelia, into a card reader. It was pretty cool to manipulate the cards to create the outcomes I wanted, and I hold a new respect for people who read tarot. It’s a difficult thing to do and when I do readings now, I can barely make heads or tails of them. I doubt I’ll do more than dabble in it…but I definitely do wonder what I’d hear if I ever get the nerve to track down that palm reader again.


A Note from the Book Boost: Hi Katee and welcome to the Book Boost. Looks like you have a couple of great projects coming out this month from Entangled. Congrats! Oh, and I always wanted to call Cleo, too, but never did. She's probably gone on to another plane of existence now anyway. :-o


Blurb:

Marianna Zain is in trouble. The handsome stranger she just kissed? He’s a member of the most terrifying hate-group in the universe. Even after he takes her captive, Marianna can’t shake her initial instincts that he’s a man of worth…and her only chance at escaping death.

One of Sanctify’s most decorated lieutenants, Gerald Leoni thought he had everything figured out. But then he crosses paths with a Diviner, the most despised of the alien races, and is honor-bound to bring her in. One night with Marianna makes him question everything he knows.

As the day of her scheduled execution draws near, Marianna forms a plan. She’s going to seduce Gerald—a task that would be simpler if she weren’t being seduced as well. But Sanctify doesn’t take kindly to their people cavorting with aliens, and instead of finding a savior, Marianna may be dragging Gerald to his death alongside her…


Blurb:

When the cards tell Ophelia Leoni she’s supposed to marry the Prince of Hansarda, the gunrunner grits her teeth and boards the starship that comes for her. It doesn’t matter if the ship’s commander is the gorgeous stranger she just spent a wild, drunken night with. As a Diviner, she’s painfully aware the cards don’t lie. Ever.

Boone O’Keirna knows Ophelia is trouble the second he sees the way she moves. Not about to let the deadly little hellcat marry his sadistic half-brother, Boone pretends to be the Prince’s emissary and kidnaps Ophelia. Too bad they can’t be in the same room without him wanting to throw her out an airlock–or into bed.

Even as they fight each other–and their explosive attraction–Ophelia and Boone sense something is wrong. Too much is going their way. Soon, they realize while the cards may never lie, the truth is sometimes hidden between them…and the future king of Hansarda is not one to take defeat lying down.



Want More Katee?

Visit her on the web here: http://kateerobert.wordpress.com

Follow her on Twitter here:
https://twitter.com/katee_robert



Contest Time:

Leave a question or comment for Katee and be entered to win a copy of Queen of Swords.

**Winners for Book Boost prizes are drawn the first week of the following month and posted in the Recent Winners box in the right hand side of the blog. Check back to see if you are a winner and to claim your prize! Please leave your contact information in your blog post!**

4 comments:

andieleah said...

Wow Katee....both of these books sound great! Especially Queen of Swords!!! Thanks for the awesome giveaway! I just love these blogs where I learn about new to me authors...definitely gonna check these books out!

www.goddess197829c@AOL.com

Stephanie said...

Entangled Publishing has been coming out with so many great books lately, and I'm definitely going to check out Queen of Swords whether I win or not!

Stephanie

Debby said...

I have loved exploring fortune telling methods. So far I am not very good at it.
debby236 at gmail dot com

Eric J. Krause said...

Both look like very neat books. I've always wanted to learn to read Tarot cards because it can lead to so many great characters and plot points. Good luck on your sales!