Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Good Love with Guest Blogger: Rosalie Lario



Welcome author Rosalie Lario
to the Book Boost today!



She's here to chat about what she thinks makes a great love scene and here's what she had to say...

If you’re a fan of romance, or fiction in general, I’m sure you can think of at least one book with a love scene so well done that you can’t forget it. It was so riveting that you couldn’t put the book down. You turned page after page (perhaps while getting a little hot under the collar).

So what was it that made that particular scene so powerful? Was it the author’s choice of words? The way he or she described the action? That was probably part of it, but more than anything I would bet it was the emotion of the love scene.

Ultimately, I think we all read for one main reason (besides pure entertainment), and that’s to experience emotion. We want to feel what the characters are going through. And for us romance junkies, we want to fall in love with a character. This is why it’s so important to show the emotion behind the action. What are the characters feeling? What emotional bonds are being formed between them?

In my current release, For Love of an Angel (Book 1 of The Fallen Warriors series), my heroine, Eva, has strong feelings for fallen angel Michael from the moment they first meet, and I must say, this resulted in some pretty steamy love scenes.

I’d love to hear about your favorite love scene in a novel. What was it that made it so great for you?

A Note from the Book Boost: I really enjoy humor in a love scene. If you can work that into a really hot scene--I'm all the more involved with the character. The best example I can give is in Linda Howard's book "Mr. Perfect". Thanks for joining us today, Rosalie. Please tell us more about your book.


Blurb:

In a world where angels rule over humans, twelve outcasts dare to defy expectation, warring with their angel brethren to prevent the extinction of humankind.


They are The Fallen...


Michael is one of twelve angels who have been outcast due to their determination to protect humankind. In order to preserve his immortality and strength, he must find a mate with angel blood. Eva Smyth has never believed the propaganda spouted by the Consortium—the elite system of guards put into place once angels took over reign of Earth—but she never expected to learn the angels plan to eradicate all of humankind, or that she herself is part angel. Joining Michael means living a life on the run, at war against the angels and hunted by the Consortium. Eva must decide whether to risk it all...for love of an angel.


Want More Rosalie?


Rosalie Lario practiced real estate law for several years before finally admitting to herself that negotiating contracts wasn’t nearly as fun as dreaming up stories. When not writing, she enjoys spending time with her husband and son in their home state of Florida, as well as searching out things that go bump in the night. She still hasn’t found any proof of the supernatural, but she's keeping her fingers crossed.


Visit her website here: www.rosalielario.com

Follow her on Twitter here: www.twitter.com/rosalielario


Pick up your copy of her book today! Click here.

5 comments:

Nina Croft said...

I don't know about favorites (my mind always goes blank at that word) but I love the love scenes between Jamie and Claire in Diana Gabaldon's Outlander.Great dialogue and humor.

Rosalie Lario said...

Thanks so much for letting me come and play on your site today. :-)

Nina, I haven't read Diana Gabaldon yet. I know, it should be a crime, especially since I hear her name over and over again. She's in my mile-long pile of TBRs.

Victoria said...

I've found that I often like a little humor in the love scenes. Didn't used to but since reading Sands books I do.

Rosalie Lario said...

Victoria, I've read some stories where a little bit of humor added to the love scene, and I read one where the humor turned me off so much that I put the book down without finishing (the heroine continually made unflattering jokes about the hero's penis size, even though there was nothing wrong with it). So I guess it depends on what kind of humor. :-)

Margay Leah Justice said...

I do love humor in my love scenes! It adds an extra special element to the story.