Wednesday, November 16, 2011

National Relax & Read Day with Guest Blogger: Jordan K. Rose


Meet debut paranormal author
Jordan K. Rose today at the Book Boost!



She's getting into the holiday spirit already and here's what she had to say...

Jingle Bells (Romance All the Way)

"Dashing through the store, reading on my mind, to the romance isle, giggling all the way. Books on shelves await, making my mind spin. What fun it is to read or write a romance book tonight.

Hey!

Jingle bells, jingle bells, romance all the way. Nora Roberts, Brenda Novak, Christine Feehan,

Hey!

Jingle bells, jingle bells, romance all the way! Kristan Higgans, Mia Marlowe, Ashlyn Chase.

Hooray!"



Well, it’s getting to that time again. The most wonderful time of the year. No, not back to school. The after-Christmas-relax-and-read-a-book-season, of course.


Christmas is a beautiful and romantic holiday with lights, decorations, music, and shoppers scurrying to get those last minute gifts. I love it all. But more than that, more than savoring the smell of ginger and nutmeg wafting from cookies cooling on baking racks, more than watching light reflect off the antique Christmas ornaments dangling from evergreen boughs while pretty packages with hand-crafted bows rest beneath my tree I love the Day After Christmas.


The Day After Christmas has become a traditional relax and read day for me. In fact, I think it should be called National Relax and Read Day. The moment my eyes open on Day After Christmas morning I’m focused on one single thing. “Where’s my book?” I head toward the love seat, ready to curl up with my new book, sometimes on my Kindle, sometimes in print and I stay there all day, reading by Christmas tree light.


One year I read Charlaine Harris’ entire Sookie Stackhouse series the week between Christmas and New Years. It was wonderful. That same year I read Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series in November followed by Bram Stoker’s Dracula and Anne Rice’s Vampire Chronicles in December.


Then I decided to write my own book. I sat down at my keyboard in January and finished the first draft of Perpetual Light in May. Two years, many revisions, workshops, and rejections later I sold Perpetual Light to Crescent Moon Press. And I’m anxiously awaiting my release day in Winter 2012.


I’m currently writing on my first Eva Prim novel. She’s a snarky little vampire whose entire focus is having friends. Well, that and keeping them alive and willing to be her friend. It’s a struggle, but she working on it.


Even though I’m hard at work with a goal of wrapping this first draft up in January, I will still celebrate National Relax and Read Day. This year I’ve acquired quite a TBR pile from the numerous conferences I attended. I have some Annette Blair books, some Jacquelyn Frank, a few Victoria Dahl, an Eloisa James, one from Sharon Sala and my list goes on.


Decisions, decisions. Who will I read first? I haven’t decided and probably won’t until Day-After-Christmas morning. I’ll go to bed Christmas night with visions of romance novels dancing in my head. I may even have a hard to falling asleep!


Once I finish enjoying my latest treasure I’ll get back to Eva and then I’ll begin the second book in the Perpetual Light series. But on December 26th I’ll be reading. All day. By Christmas tree light. In my new pajamas. I can’t wait!


What about you? What book will you be reading for National Relax and Read Day?

"A day or two ago I thought I’d stop to read. One good romance book was all I’d really need. A hero – tall and dark. A heroine to be his lot. They’ll fight then fall in love and it will be so hot.

Jingle bells, jingle bells, romance all the way. Nora Roberts, Brenda Novak, Christine Feehan,


Hey!

Jingle bells, jingle bells, romance all the way! Kristan Higgans, Mia Marlowe, Ashlyn Chase.

Hooray!"



A Note from the Book Boost: I love your rendition of Jingle Bells as it is right up my alley! I miss the days of being able to read all day but I have too many kids now requiring too much "put this together for me, Momma" chanting going on the day after Christmas. I wish you much fun and happy reading, though. Also, congrats on your big debut! Tell us more about it.


Blurb:

Fate is cruel. Especially when the one you've sworn to love for all eternity, the very soul who changed your destiny, is the last person you should trust.

After more than three hundred years of running, Lucia Dicomano must make a choice.

Forced to take her place as a Pharo of Redemption, the divine slayer needs to master her forgotten powers. Lucia turns to Vittorio, the one vampire she's failed to deliver from eternal damnation. But overcoming smoldering remnants of love, lust and anger aren't their only obstacles.

Samuel, who may know Lucia better than she knows herself, hunts her with a fervor stoked by a thousand years of vengeful hatred. His plan-capture and enslave the weakened Pharo then take control of her elusive power.

Can Lucia trust Vittorio long enough to reclaim her powers? Or will she have no choice but to kill him and battle Samuel alone?



Want More Jordan?

Visit her website here: http://www.jordankrose.com/

Follow her on Twitter here:
https://twitter.com/#!/jordankrose


Stay tuned for her debut release. Click here for details.


12 comments:

Rosalie Lario said...

The holidays are my traditional book reading time too. I read the Twilight series during holiday break in 2010. Not sure what's coming this year, but there will be much reading involved!

PJ Sharon said...

Love the jingle. It'll be in my head all day! I'll probably be digging in to Diana Gabaldon's new brick...er...novel, The Scottish Prisoner. It'll be out next week, but when i'm taking on a "big" book, I like to have time to stick with it. Day after Christmas is perfect for that. Jammies, hot cocoa...ahhhh. I'm relaxing just thinking about it. Thanks Jordan. Looking forward to reading your first of many!

RC Bonitz said...

Great blog Jordan. Didn't know you were so poetic. Let us know your release date when you have it. EC Bonitz (www.rcbonitz.com)

Na said...

Thank you for a fun post. Now I'll be humming the Jingle Bells song all day. Congratulations on your debut :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Rosalie. Twilight is the perfect series for holiday break. I just started Dark Lover, the first book in The Black Dagger Brotherhood series by J.R. Ward. I think that might be my series for Christmas break. :) Jordan

Anonymous said...

Hi PJ. I've been doing my best to avoid the stations with Christmas music for that exact same reason. :o Enjoy Diana's book. Christmas is the perfect time to curl up with a Scotsman! Jordan

Anonymous said...

Hi RC. I didn't know I was so poetic either! Surprised myself. Thanks for stopping by. Jordan

Anonymous said...

Hi Na. Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy the holidays. Jordan

Mia Marlowe said...

Jingle Bells, jingle bells,
after Christmas Day,
I'll read Ashlyn Chase's latest,
Ho, ho all the way!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mia. I have Strange Neighbors and The Werewolf Upstairs. Hmm. I might be reading Ashlyn on December 26th, too. Thanks for stopping by. Jordan

all that rage said...

So excited! It looks more amazing than what I expected. Actually a good book that will be made into a good movie unlike the Twilight series that was a very good book but made into crappy movies. UGH!

Anonymous said...

Hi All That Rage.

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words. A movie version of Perpetual Light would be fantastic! Love the idea. Jordan