Friday, July 20, 2012

Burning Love with Guest Blogger: Kerri Williams





Win a copy of Taking Back His Widow &
Nudging Cupid plus chat with author 
Kerri Williams today at the Boost!

She's here to discuss fiery passion or is it passion by the fire?  And here's what she had to say...

So it’s July and over here in Australia its actually winter and I can tell you all now that when it’s cold and you’re wearing your flannelette pajamas and a red runny nose, it does NOT evoke any such passion. I would say that’s why in our first winter here my husband bought a fire place.

It’s a balmy 34 degrees Celsius, I’m wearing a singlet and boxers because with four children sexy underwear is out, my legs are shaved and I’m thinking I should send my kids to the movies because of my wonderful fireplace. Grin.

This brings me to the topic of heated passion by a fire in our novels; I have to say I did use this in Taking Back His Widow. It was the epic moment where all was lost to their desperate need to be together and why not, I say.  They had been through hell and back for goodness sakes and by this brilliant, magical fire in tiny cabin in the brunt of a huge storm, Dean forgives Livinia for her betrayal while she accepts he is not the boy he once was but now a very strong and loving man who she never stopped loving.

Yep, I’m sending my kids to the movies!

A Note from the Book Boost:  Today, we are Kerri-squared at the Book Boost!  Welcome to my friend, Kerri Williams from the other side of the globe.  So great to have you here.  Love the sound of this new book and I'm all for date night with hubby!  Please tell us more about your latest.


Blurb:

When Livinia Jacobs grudgingly ran from the love of her life with his child in her womb into the arms of another man, she never thought she’d see Dean Stone again.

Eleven years later, she finds herself widowed in a picturesque little coastal town of Queensland and her past has come back to haunt her.

Livinia was completely aware of her lack of control in Dean’s presence. Heck; that was half the attraction in the first place, but her secret kept her feet firmly on the ground and her heart guarded from the once youthful dream of a future with him.

Dean forgot the most important thing of all about Livinia, she was his addiction. Ten minutes with her and he was craving her touch again, wanting to hold her, to feel her soft naked skin against his, to kiss those supple, pink lips.  Hell, he wanted her period.

But can he forgive her and prove to her he’s no longer the scared boy he once was, but now the man she needed him to be- a man she could trust with her heart- no matter the sacrifice.
 
Excerpt (edited for length): 

His body did things to her when she was nineteen that she thought were unheard of, but right now, eleven years later, he was doing amazing things to her that should be outlawed. Every part of her was on fire with need for the man in front of her, not the boy she once fell in love with.

His hot tongue slid up her neck to her ear where he sucked on her lobe, sending a heart-shuddering tingle throughout her body. She could feel and hear his heated breath in her ear.

Just when she thought she couldn’t take anymore, she raked her hands through his hair and pulled him up to her mouth, where she licked the inside of his upper lip before taking his mouth with hers.




Want More Kerri?
  
Visit her on the web here: 


Pick up a copy of her book today!  Click here




Contest Time:


Enter to win a copy of both Taking Back His Widow and Nudging Cupid by following or subscribing to Kerri's blog (click here) and then posting a comment here to let her know that you did.

**Author will select winner from valid entries.  Be sure to leave your contact information for her.**




9 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks guys and good luck!
kez

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

sorry, my spelling was AWFUL on that last post!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kerri and both of her books!!!!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how it took me this long to follow your blog but now I have!! Yaaay!

Debby said...

I am following your blog now. Looks great !

debby236 at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

That's so awesome guys thank you and Wendy I hope my editor gets a raise because my grammar and spelling can be atrocious lol
Kez

Kathleen O said...

Kerri is a new to me author, but I am looking forward to reading her books...
I am following Kerri's blog as of taday...

Unknown said...

That's fantastic news Kathleen.
Kez

Unknown said...

congrats Kathleen and Annalise, I have sent you a message to send out your prize and thank you to everyone who dropped by.
Kez