Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Drop By for Yummy Cake with Guest Blogger: Donna Alward


You've Gotta Try 
This Recipe From 
Romance Author Donna Alward 
today at the Book Boost!


A Note from the Book Boost:

Featured Author Donna Alward sent us this yummy recipe to share during the holidays but...well...it didn't make it up on the blog during the last minute frenzy.  However, if you're at all like me...cake is good every day of the year!  And this poor cake shouldn't be made to suffer another day.  So, I'm posting it now...here...LIVE...on January 15th.

Now, I know what you're thinking...hey...Kerri @theBookBoost, I'm trying to lose all that holiday poundage...why in the world would you share that recipe now?

To that I say...give a piece a chance!  Oy!  So, maybe I don't have a future in stand-up comedy but hubby & kids think I'm funny.  I've got that going for me, eh?

And...now...without further ado (and before I overdose on the use of ellipses in a single post)...


A Recipe from Donna Alward:

Gum Drop Cake

This cake is a holiday tradition. Usually my daughter makes it, and has since she was about 8 years old! While the recipe says you can use baking gums, the real sugared gumdrops work best!

1/2 cup Margarine
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups flour
1 cup milk
1 cup gum drops (no black) chopped, or baking gums

  • Cream margarine and sugar, beat in eggs 1 at a time. Add vanilla. Mix together flour, salt, and baking powder. Add to the mixture, alternating with the milk until smooth.
  • Dust gumdrops with flour (to keep them from sticking together). Add to batter. Grease and flour a funnel or bundt pan. Bake at 350 until toothpick comes out clean. Wrap in foil and let ripen for 1 week (if you can stand to wait that long!).
We’ve also made these in mini-loaf pans to give as gifts!


Want More Donna?


Visit her on the web here: http://www.donnaalward.com/





Looking forward to this February Release!>>

No comments: