Friday, October 28, 2011

Inspired By Demons with Guest Blogger: Craig Taylor


Welcome to Day #17 of
the Dark Days of Demons Blog Event
here at the Book Boost!

Win an autographed copy of The Day of Legion and meet author Craig Taylor today at the Boost! Today is the fourth installment of FIVE review days for the month. They'll occur each Friday and then the final review on Halloween Day. These are books I've selected that will undergo my 5 point review system.

Today we have The Day of Legion by horror fiction author Craig Taylor. My review will follow his post and here's what he had to share...


Isn’t it funny how something can stay in your mind for so long that you can’t remember when you first became aware of it? What you do know is for some reason it has touched you in some way. Sometimes it is in the forefront, sometimes the back, but it’s there lingering in your memory and making its presence felt.

For me, that ‘something’ is a phrase in the Bible that I have remembered since childhood. I don’t remember the circumstances in which the phrase became a part of my memory, but it has certainly remained with me. I am talking about the phrase that inspired The Day Of Legion.

“And he asked him, what is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.” –Mark 5:9.

The image of one man horribly and painfully possessed by multiple demons, and the fact they spoke as one sent and still sends a shiver down my spine. It is an incredibly powerful image and I don’t know of any images that create the same physical response in me. I can even hear the hoarse, raspy voice croaking from his throat.

I think this is one of the reasons I find horror and paranormal films so appealing and have decided to write horror novels. The right words and combination of words can literally make people feel as though a demon is in the room with them as they read.

I also firmly believe in the concept of darkness and light and the continuous battle being waged over the direction of mankind; the complete corruption of mankind versus the enlightenment. I decided to combine my inspirational phrase and this concept and The Day Of Legion was born.

I included an immortal seductress because I find the concept of an evil person living throughout time indulging their wicked desires quite intriguing. I find it especially fascinating when that evil person takes advantage of the desires and weaknesses of others to get what they covet and leaves destruction in their wake.

I particularly chose to have the immortal character a woman because in so many books of any genre, the evil, violent character is a man, but that almost implies woman aren’t strong enough to be evil and immortal. So, the character was created and she became my favourite to write about because as strong as she was, as evil and violent as she was, she was also vulnerable. I believe this made her more believable.

If you believe in the concept of darkness versus light and the battle that rages around us as we go about our daily business, you are not alone. I guess, eventually, we will all see if we were correct because unlike my immortal character, we won’t live forever.


FRIGHTFULLY FABULOUS REVIEW:

The Book Boost's Five Point Review


1. What is it about?

Here's a blurb:

The darkness will do anything to slay all those who stand in their way of corrupting mankind. Light bearers, those born to protect mankind, must face an immortal seductress as she attempts to bring forth the Legion of Demons.

Thrust into the battle between light and dark, Doctor Patricia Leland and Light-bearer David Ravenbrook must do all they can to protect five year old Jason Hansen from evil, but at the same time, figure out the plans of the darkness before mankind is lost forever....if they can.



2. What did I think of it (using only 5 words)?

Powerfully seductive chiller that thrills!


3. Would I recommend it?

With absolutely NO reservations, I heartily recommend this book. It was gripping and spellbinding and although it might seem a scary notion to those who know me...I found myself really getting inside the mind of the seductive villainess. After all, who could resist the age old battle between good and evil...lightness and darkness...and man's continued internal battle between doing what is ultimately right versus giving in to their own desires? Certainly not this reader.

4. Who should buy it?

Fans of paranormal, the supernatural, horror, action--fate of humankind type adventure will enjoy this book. Plus, don't forget about those who love the wickedly sexy. That was my personal fave theme filling the plot that runs throughout.

5. Would I read more from this author?

Well, I do believe this is Craig's first published novel (as per his author bio). So I'll wait patiently (sigh) for more goodies from this talented novelist. No pressure, Craig. ;-)



Want More Craig?


Visit his site here:
http://creativewritingontheside.blogspot.com/

Pick up your copy of his book today! Click here.



Contest Time:

Leave a question or comment to be entered to win an autographed copy of The Day of Legion.


**Winners for Book Boost prizes are drawn the first week of the following month and posted in the Recent Winners box in the right hand side of the blog. Check back to see if you are a winner and to claim your prize! Please leave your contact information in your blog post!**

4 comments:

Na said...

This sounds like a thrilling good read. Even better with the recommendation :) I'm always on the look for new authors so thank you for telling us about your book.

Tara W said...

This sounds like a fascinating read! Glad I found this post!
mizztuts AT bellsouth DOT net

Margaret West said...

I actually do beleive in the darkness v light lol Horror books ae not my genre for reading as i am a coward at heart lol but i wish you loads of sucess with your book.

widdershins said...

Great in-depth post.

I don't believe in 'good v evil' concept as created by the major religious mythologies, but that doesn't mean I don't love a good thriller. This sounds like a good read. Thanks for the heads-up about it.