Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Take a Gamble with Guest Blogger Shannan Albright


Win a book bundle (from author Stacey Espino) and meet Evernight author Shannan Albright!

The next author up from our tasty anthology entitled 'Twas a Dark & Delicious Christmas is Shannan Albright who is here to introduce herself to you and ask you to 'take a gamble' on this Nevada based author. Here's what she had to say...

Hello everyone my name is Shannan Albright and I’m very excited to be here today. To be amongst so much incredible talent is a thrill beyond measure. I’m the thirteenth author in 'Twas a Dark and Delicious Christmas. My story A Christmas Wish for Laura is about a lonely young widow hiding away in the wilds of Alaska. Laura makes a wish on Christmas Eve and receives the man of her dreams, literally!

Christmas is a time of family and friends, a time to celebrate and make memories to last a lifetime. I hope my story in this wonderful anthology will capture your heart and make a great memory for you, the reader. I know writing it was a wonderful experience for me.

I was born and raised in California’s San Luis Obispo County. I was inspired to start writing at age eleven after reading Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind. Though my path to publication was long and took many turns in other creative endeavors I never stopped reading or writing.

Currently I am living in Las Vegas, Nevada. Surrounded by the love and support of my husband of six years, my beautiful step-daughter, two cats, two dogs and the best friends I could ever ask for, all of which have kept me sane and focused. To them and you, I wish a very Merry Christmas and may all your dreams come true.

A Note from the Book Boost: Nice to meet you Shannan and I look forward to working along side you on this project and more in the future! As a real life southern belle, I can only say that Margaret Mitchell is a true inspiration to many of us. Thanks for blogging with us today.

From a review of Shannan Albright's story by Happily Ever After Reviews (a five tea cup review*):

Laura lived in Alaska by herself and she liked it that way till lately, loneliness was settling in but the alternative was to trust not to be hurt again. That was something that she wasn’t willing to try again she thought. On a stormy night Laura was looking at the ice sculpture that took months to make and realized how lonely she was after her husband’s death. Elric was caught in the storm and needed shelter when he came upon Laura’s barn and broke in to face the sculpture of himself life size. Knowing that he wanted Laura from the first moment Elric gave Laura what she had yearned for the best sex a girl could ever want. In the morning decisions had to be made would Laura chose the right one. This story was wonderful and I hope that Shannan takes it further and makes a full length story—it would be great.





Want More Shannan?

Visit her blog here: shannanalbright.blogspot.com


Contest Time:

All contests from today's blogs will run until 11:59 p.m. (CST) on Friday December 10th. Winners selected by the Book Boost via random draw and posted here on the blog on Saturday, December 11th. Be sure to leave your contact information in your comment, we will not hunt you down!

Enter each author's contest individually by posting a comment or question. Check back throughout the day for more chances to win great prizes!

Evernight Publishing author Stacey Espino (who is also featured in this book) couldn't be with us today but she's offering up a whole bevy of prizes! Thank you Stacey! The first book bundle is a copy of Fearless Desires and a copy of Fearless Love as a combo to one reader.

Just, tell us about yourself and where you're from. Good Luck to all.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Me! me! I want to win!!

I'm a neurotic, hard-working writer who barely has time to sleep. I live in northern VA with a very understanding family and lots of pets.

Here is my email:

cj_ellisson@yahoo.com

And if you're giving away the anthology in another contest please sign me up!

Cheers!

Seleste deLaney/Julie Particka said...

Bummer. I was in Vegas a couple months ago for fun (and my author photo-shoot--which was also fun :P). Wish I would have been able to meet you!

Vivi Dumas said...

I have to keep a list of all the writer in Vegas so next time I'm out I can visit.

Vivi
paranormalqueen(at)gmail(dot)com

A.D Blackburn said...

Vegas? Road trip!!!!
Much love to Shannan! As a fellow literary debutante, my hat is off to her in all that she does! I see great things for this talented vixen!

Rene Broux said...

Awww Warm fuzzies time! Just let me know when you vixens want to come to my neck of the woods and I'll show you around. Vegas will take MONTHS to recover!

Andrea I said...

I'm just a very busy accountant who loves in metro Atlanta.

andrea.infinger@gmail.com