Saturday, April 20, 2013

Day 20: Read1K Write1K Challenge Computes On

Entering the Last Third of the Challenge 
Leave you Feeling a Little Dead?  
Claw Your Way Back from the Grave 
and Write More on Day 20

"Writing is not a genteel profession; it's quite nasty and tough and kind of dirty."
--Rosemary Mahoney

***UPDATED***

What I'm writing?

Book: The Cable
Starting Point: Page 101
Today's total word count: 1045

What I'm reading?

Book:  Hot Wheels and High Heels by Jane Graves
Starting Point: Beginning
2 Chapters Completed:Yes
Today's Book Note: Darcy can't afford Starbucks anymore!

Kerri's Progress Notes:

 Must have forgotten to update this post yesterday.  Busy doing stuff around the house with the kids.  Very tired.  It does catch up to you now and again.

Hope everyone had a great Saturday!  Off to read the Comments!

6 comments:

Aidee Ladnier said...


What I'm writing?
Book: The Meteorological Thaumaturgist
Today's total word count: 1640
Progress Notes: I tend to jump around a lot on projects. Luckily I've got a clear progression in mind so although the details of the scenes aren't laid out, the framework to create the details is all there.

What I'm reading?
Book: Across the East River Bridge by Kate McMurray
1K Completed: Yes!
Book Note: More ghostly goings-on ensue.

BetsyG said...

What I'm writing?
Book: Nash Bk 1
Today's total word count: 1034

What I'm reading?
Book: Sex, Straight Up by Kathleen O'Reilly
Chapters read today: 6

Notes: To be honest, I gave up on this challenge because I was doing so poorly. But then I decided that I needed the accountability of reporting in, and that I should get back to it. So even if I don't make the 1K daily, I'm at least going to attempt it.

Cynthia said...


Book: Emma Whitewood (working title)
Today's total word count: 1019 words

Book: The Dark Lady
2 Chapters Completed: Yes
Today's Book Note: Hero is trying to get the heroine to safety, the rift between them gets bigger as the story has been proceeding.

I think I am a pantser at heart. I tried to use post it notes of different colors trying to plot out my entire story. I basically got overwhelmed with trying to figure out which box to put things in and managing the post it notes. I gave up and decided to go back to what I've been doing which is creating new scenes as I go along.

I read some notes for some classes as well. So overall, I made progress.

Lynnette Labelle said...

Day 20:
What I'm writing?
Today's total word count: 716

What I'm reading?
Chapters Completed: 0

I don’t normally work on the weekend, but since I had to catch up a little after being sick all week, I managed to get a few pages written as well. Yay!

Lynnette Labelle
www.lynnettelabelle.com
www.labelleseditorialservices.com

The Book Boost said...

@Aidee~

Very impressive--the project jumping. Are any of them close to completion? Hi Aidee! Waving up I65 at you!

@BetsyG~

Great on the word count! Sorry you dropped out of the challenge. Wish you had stayed. Glad you're back, though! :-)

@Cynthia~

You made GREAT progress today! Double WOOT WOOT on the word count. Fantastic!

@Lynnette~

Well, I always say that I'm not going to work on the weekend but then this weekend--hubby had to work--so here I am. Edits to be done. Ya know? Hope you're feeling better!

The Book Boost said...

I'm going to close comments on Day #20.